The Cost and Commercial Assurance Specialist will support service delivery, often on large and complex commissions covering both private and public sector clients. Your role will be to ensure that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value-added cost and commercial assurance services.
Your accountabilities and responsibilities will include;
· Being a key interface with client, stakeholders and other consultants at all project stages for Cost and Commercial Assurance
· Support identification of allowable costs, verifying actuals costs for interim and periodic audits
· Evaluation of cost data and structures, and assessing them against contractual / commercial principles.
· Interfacing and engagement with project staff including finance staff to complete cost verification, substantiation together with obtaining key documentation/data.
· Management of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
· Supporting the production of close-out reports, together with the presentation of outputs and recommendations to clients and their supply chain.
· Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
· Guidance in the analysis of cost data and structures to support team leads in pulling together the relevant information for commercial assessments;
· Identifying opportunities to improve cost controls and improve the services provided to the clients.
· Developing your own skill sets and technical capabilities through both on the job experience and pro-active research and training
· Supporting regional and global team members in the delivery of Cost and Commercial Assurance services