Our approach to transforming industries has always been the same. We identify high growth sectors, typically undergoing some market, technology or regulatory discontinuity, and look to build scalable platforms that satisfy a real customer need. We aim to build profitable companies, with sustainable business models.
The Royal Foundation, one of the Blenheim Chalcot charity partners, are looking for an exceptional Digital Officer to provide support across the Digital team within the Foundation. This is a varied role, working across a number of different programmes from conservation to early childhood, and is well suited to someone who has some experience of delivering content, but is still early on in their career who wants to gain wide-ranging experience in a high-profile, ambitious organisation.
The Digital Officer will support the Digital & Marketing Manager on all programmes across The Royal Foundation with social media, video edits and website updates. The Digital Officer will build on plans in place to execute and deliver the digital strategy and develop outstanding storytelling content for The Royal Foundation and its programmes. This is a unique opportunity to support exciting, creative and high-profile global communications campaigns. The successful candidate(s) will have a creative eye, be willing to learn, and enjoy a busy working environment. The role is crucial in helping the Foundation’s digital strategy run smoothly and efficiently, enabling us to tackle some of society’s greatest challenges.
About the Royal Foundation
The Royal Foundation mobilises leaders, businesses, and people so that together we can address society’s greatest challenges. Led by our Principals, The Prince and Princess of Wales, our work is built on world-class research, long-term partnerships, and measurable, scalable impact.
Job Title: Digital Officer
Role description and core responsibilities
• Assisting Digital & Marketing Manager and programmes teams in creating regularly updated social calendars, and advising and creating short form social content
• Putting into practice digital strategies across The Royal Foundation, as well as individual programmes, and tracking outcomes regularly through analytics
• Working with camera and video camera, and leading interviews to create content pieces that fit with the strategy and storytelling focus
• Editing video content for social media
• Regularly liaising with partners and comms leads across programmes
• Drafting copy for social posts, website articles & blogs/case studies
• Planning social output for key campaign moments or launches• Planning and utilising social advertising to correspond with launches and key moments
• Keeping an eye on social trends and great practice content to share with the wider team to inspire creative ideas
• Working with the engagement team to support wider engagement output and outlining other distribution methods for content pieces where needed
Relevant knowledge and experience
• Demonstrable short form content creation experience
• Demonstrable social media campaign experience
• Experience of reporting using Google Analytics and platform specific tools (Facebook insights etc)
• Track record of sourcing, preparing and distributing compelling social media content
• Track record of working to tight deadlines
• Knowledge and experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Indesign & After Effects
• Experience in customer relations, advertising, PR or online marketing
• Using Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress
• Desirable to have Knowledge and experience of working with a camera to film your own pieces
• Desirable to have experience in using social advertising
• Experience working in a fast paced, online focused organisation and environment
• Excellent written skills including long and short form content
• Creative eye for design and content
• Genuine excitement for digital and it’s ever-changing landscape • Passionate and driven to make a positive impact on the world
• Strong self-motivation and flexible team player
• Is solution-focused and pre-empts problems by seeking guidance and taking action on an issue, task or project within their role
• Flexible and able to respond positively to an ever-changing environment, prioritising work effectively
• Eager to learn
• A people person, able to work closely with multiple stakeholders
The Royal Foundation is a high-profile organisation, and the successful candidate will appreciate the importance of discretion and confidentiality and have a mature and professional approach.
This post is subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and right to work in the UK.
Please note, this job description is subject to change. With any significant change, we will ensure this is discussed with you before any final approvals and or commitments.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Location: Central London office, with flexibility to work from home as agreed with your line manager. Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas on The Royal Foundation’s business.
To apply for the role please send:
• A Cover letter (one page) explaining your motivation for applying for the role and what skills and experience you will bring to the role and the Foundation.
• Your CV (max two pages)
If you have any questions relating to the role or are looking for an alternative accessible format, please contact our recruitment team for assistance via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and therefore is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity and to tackle any forms of discrimination within our working environment, whether on grounds of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, disability, age, class, religion or belief. These principles underpin our professional behaviour and are embedded in our policies, procedures, day-to-day practices and external relationships. We therefore welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. A copy of our Privacy Notice can be found here: https://royalfoundation.com/privacy-notice/
By submitting your CV you understand that we have a legitimate interest to use your personal data for the purposes of assessing your eligibility for this role. This means that we may use your personal data to contact you to discuss your CV or arrange an interview, or transfer your CV to the hiring manager(s) of the role you have applied for. You can ask us at any time to remove your CV from our database by emailing email@example.com – but please note that this means we will no longer consider you for the role you have applied for.